Harper’s Cottage Booking Terms
1. THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between Harper’s Cottage owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The person booking must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of the couple staying.
2. PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt the deposit of 25% of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 7 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 6 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received 6 weeks before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the holiday start date the full rental will be required. If the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, full payment must be received within 24 hours of placing the booking. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand. Once you have a confirmed booking, (for clarity when you have paid the deposit), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us and confirmed in writing. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on a) the date the booking was made, and b) when the cancellation is made:
- Bookings placed after 30th May 2020 have Cancellation Protection cover under our Master Cancel Policy if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days prior to arrival.
- If you cancel from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, tax and other ancillary charges are not refunded. Refund payment for cancelled booking will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking. Cancellations made 1 day prior to, or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: for a check-in on Saturday you could cancel the prior Thursday before 16.00 and be reimbursed in full, but not on Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check-in). For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- If you cancel 61 or more days before check-in date, we will endeavour to re-let the property for those dates. If we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – e.g. if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- You will be reimbursed at check-out date of original booking.
- Bookings placed before 30th May 2020 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel before the date the balance is due, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – eg if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at check-out date of original booking. From 42 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking, less a 10% administration fee. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by recorded delivery. At our discretion and if we are able to re-let your booking we will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee. If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund under any circumstances and you will still be responsible for the full rental cost.
4. CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but, as stated above, we strongly recommend you take out your own insurance to protect against the over 60 days cancellation penalty.
5. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6. PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
The shortest let is for two days.
7. LIABILITY: Harper’s Cottage and its representatives shall not be liable to you or your partner for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property and to have read and complied with our Dog Policy.
8. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed inside the property.
9. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
10. WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. It is rural broadband and has limitations. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
11. RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
12. COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
13. DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT